Planning Application & EPBC Approval Process flowchart
Planning Application Process
- The responsible authority will publically advertise the application for approximately 8 weeks. During this process public submissions can be made to the Minister for Planning.
- It is anticipated that a Panel will be appointed by the Minister under the Planning and Environment Act (1987). Public hearings will be held in 2010. After the hearings the Panel will make a recommendation to the Minister.
- Following the submission of the panel recommendation, the Victorian Minister for Planning will complete his assessment and make a decision on the application.
EPBC Approval Process
- The Advisory Committee will be appointed and be responsible for giving notice nationally of the Terms of Reference for the Committee.
- A hearing will be held in 2010. It is likely that the appointed planning panel will serve as the Advisory Committee on EPBC matters under the bilateral agreement between the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments.
- Following the submission of the Advisory Committee recommendation on EPBC matters the Federal Minister for the Environment will complete his assessment and makes a decision to either approve the proposed action, approve the action subject to conditions or not approve the action.
Local community groups interested in the project are invited to request a presentation from the project team.
Presentations include a general project update and can cover specific areas of interest.
Please call 1800 753 730 to find out more or to book a presentation.
- If you are a local business or tradesperson and would like to register for any future opportunities please contact us.